Registration is now closed for Love Madison 2018.
Did you miss your chance to sign up for LOVE Madison? Here are some ideas that you can do on your own:
- Scavenger Hunt: Choose three or more activities and take a photo of each one. Then, stop by the Info Desk at Brader Way from 9 am-4 pm or Fitchburg from 9 am-12 pm for a treat. Download activity list (PDF)
- Neighborhood Park Clean Up – Invite a neighboring family or group of friends to head to the nearest park with you. Bring gloves, trash bags and a picnic. Pick up trash and debris and then share a meal together.
- Words of Encouragement – Create a note of encouragement (or pictures drawn by kids) specific to each family on your street. Leave the notes in their front door or deliver them in person.
- Spring Cleaning – Offer to clean up your neighbor’s yard or wash the exterior of your neighbor’s windows.
- Donate Clothes – Challenge yourself to clean out your closet and bring clothes that are in good condition to Donation Station at Blackhawk to be distributed to individuals in need in our community. Donation Station accepts men’s, women’s, children’s and baby clothes that are in good condition as well as non-perishable food items.
- Lend a Helping Hand – Do you know someone who could use an extra helping hand? Offer your services for a whole or half day to do whatever they need most!
- Visit a Pantry – Call the food pantry nearest you and ask what their most needed items are. Or, create your own list of non-perishable food items. Go shopping and be an encouraging presence to the pantry as you drop off the food.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.