Project Description. Volunteers will remove invasive plant species by hand pulling or using cutting tools to help restore healthy oak woodlands in the Lakeshore Nature Preserve. Age: 12
Special/Physical Requirements: Youth 12+ are welcome to volunteer alongside a parent or legal guardian. We encourage volunteers from all backgrounds and experience levels. Tools, gloves, instruction, and refreshments are provided. Be prepared to work off trail on uneven terrain and at times on hands and knees. There are no nearby toilet facilities at this site. Please use the toilet before arriving.
Please register each person in your group separately. The age requirement for this project is 12.
If you are serving with your Life Group, please indicate this and include your Leader’s name in the comments of your registration form.
TIME9:00 am - 12:00 pm
LOCATIONUW Lakeshore Nature Preserve (Frautschi Point parking lot)
3034 Lake Mendota Drive, Madison, 53705
TO HELP US HAVE A SAFE AND HEALTHY LOVE MADISON, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:
- Please do not serve on Love Madison on May 23 if any of the following are true:
- You are uncomfortable serving in-person (regardless of your health status).
- You have symptoms of contagious illness or fever (temperature of 100.4˚ or higher).
- You have had any exposure to or have personally tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks.
- You are in any high-risk categories for severe disease (optional but encouraged).
- While you serve at an in-person project:
- Wear a face mask (unless you are eating/drinking).
- Physically distance from others by 6 feet.
- Practice good hand hygiene, including washing hands frequently and coughing/sneezing into a tissue or your elbow.
- Do not bring shared or buffet-style food/drink to share with others. You may bring your own drink/water.
- Your project may have additional guidelines. The project captain will communicate this information before Love Madison.
AVAILABLE SPACES: 0
THIS PROJECT IS FULL.